Bringing the great outdoors
into your school
Having a positive connection with nature and the outdoors has been proven to have a huge impact on the learning capabilities in children. It lowers stress, anxiety and can help promote feelings of inclusion and support.
Our primary and secondary school incursions use the outdoors to promote these skills in children, using the natural elements that surround them every day.
Discover our wide range of school incursion programs
At School Camps offer the fun and adventure of outdoor camps, all in the comfort of your school grounds.
These are conducted over a full day of activities, or over the course of a couple of days with the possibility of overnight camping!
Launching in 2020 – Stay tuned for more information!
Creative Writing Workshops
Our Reconnect Literacy adventure is open for bookings!
Our programs are designed to reconnect kids with the craft of writing and help foster a life long love of quality literature.
What better adventure is there than taking your class out into the big, wide world?
Reconnect Outdoors offers a range of excursions and adventures to Victoria’s best natural wonders. From surfing in Phillip Island, to bush walking through the amazing Werribee Gorge – We take the reins and lead you on an exciting adventure!
How our incursions work
We gather the facts
Before the incursion has even begun, we send out an online survey for kids and teachers alike to fill in. We use the survey data to tailor a program unique to the needs of your school/community.
We deliver the facts
Yes, that is right, we will deliver our findings into the role nature can play in the lives of your school/community; the good, the not so good, and the intriguing. By seeing their own data, student begin to form a personal connection to the information, making the program more effective.
Reconnect with Nature
Once the findings are in, it is time to get outside and get active again. We will reconnect kids with the outdoors through a sequences of engaging and inclusive activities, designed to provide kids with new physical opportunities to reconnect with each other, their surroundings and with their own emotional balance.
Empower Positive Change
Our incursion programs work towards empowering students to find their own positive change and connection with the outdoors. Each program is tailored to the individual class survey results and aligned with the PERMA model.
Our programs are linked to Victorian curriculum, PERMA model, and designed to take kids outside the classroom and reconnect them with the natural world around them.
Throughout the programs, we strive to achieve the following:
- Develop an understanding of the health and wellbeing benefits of physical activity
- Develop an understanding of the health and wellbeing benefits of being in nature
- Improve positive interactions with peers
- Develop personal and social skills such as leadership, collaboration and resilience
- Undertake healthy risk taking in a safe, supportive and fun environment
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Develop a sense of accomplishment and achievement
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of practices that can improve their health and wellbeing
- Participate in group activities that promote connections between the community and the environment.